All you have to do is click on the ‘Post a CV’ button on the home page. You’ll be asked to log in or register before you are directed to Bayt.com CV builder.
After logging in you’ll be prompted to choose the method of adding your CV and naming your CV (this CV name is only for your reference and won’t appear to the employers).
This is because we at Bayt.com are committed to making your life easier. We highly recommend that you take some time and build your CV based on the Bayt.com CV Builder as it is preferred by employers and has considerably higher chances of getting views and searches.
Alternatively you may also copy & paste your CV, or you may upload your CV if you have it as a Microsoft Word (.doc) or (.txt) file providing your file doesn’t exceed 150KB.
Using the Bayt CV Builder to build your CV will not only give it a boost when it comes to getting the number of views it deserves but also instantly transforms it into a formatted document.
The Bayt.com CV Builder allows you to provide more targeted information, so that your CV has a better chance of being spotted and landing you your dream job!
This is because the fields that you fill on the CV builder are reflected as filtering options on the Employers Search Tool InstantMatch. This allows employers to find you easily and quickly.
You can have as many as 5 CVs on Bayt. However only one CV can be selected as the Primary or the searchable CV at any one point in time.
You HAVE to set one of your CVs in your workspace as ‘Primary’. This will allow it to be searchable by
Not sure if you want your name, current/ last employer or your contact details to be displayed? The Confidential setting for your CV will effectively hide these details on your CV. In this case prospective employers have the ‘Secure Email Option’ to get in touch with you.
You may even decide to make your CV non-confidential and non searchable by un-ticking both check boxes (set primary CV) and (set CV as confidential). This way you can only apply to jobs using your CV.
Employers can contact you via the Secure Email Option. You will receive an email to your registered email address from the employer in this case.
Please note that in your workspace, there is a ‘Secure contacts’ link (next to ‘Searches’). When you click on the link, a job opening will be displayed for which the employer has short listed you. You can click on the job title to view the profile and apply directly using your Bayt CV if the vacancy interests you.
Why should I mention multiple designations for the Position Sought field in the Career Objective Section?
Here is where you define yourself in relation to your skills and experience. This is a critical part of your CV as it is the first section a potential employer reads and it should portray you in the most relevant and professional and marketable light.
We recommend that you fill it with appropriate keywords- which could be positions that you are qualified for and that any employer with a position to fill will be looking for.
For example, if you are an administrative professional, you may choose to mention Office Administrator/ PA/ Coordinator/ Executive Secretary rather than just mentioning ‘Administration’.
What do you do professionally? How long have you been doing it and what (profile) are you looking for? The objective statement should answer these questions ideally in a brief and focused statement. Employers will look here first before reading the rest of your resume.
Unless you are a fresh graduate, your Work Experience is the most important part of the CV. Highlight your skills and assigned responsibilities in each previous job.
- Managed a team of (number) that established (name of project goal or result).
- Successfully launched and marketed (name of project).
- Participated in the creation of a (name of product or production) that resulted in (a positive outcome).
- Extensive involvement managing client relationships at all levels.
- Wrote feature stories and conducted interviews for (type of press); edited copy of other writers.
- Trained new interns in (type of department).
- (Number of years) of (system) integration experience and implementing solutions to help clients succeed.
- Successfully managed and staffed not only business start-ups, but also periods of rapid, sustained corporate growth.
- (Number of years) of management experience on industrial projects.
- Installed different operating systems, software and hardware.
- Compiled and edited comprehensive quality control reports.
Key skills are your core areas of expertise. Provide your skills (examples: Business Development, Office Administration, MS Word, Typing 60 wpm, HTML Coding) and rate them according to level, experience, and when the skill was last used. You can group them together in the skill box such as technical skills, management skills etc.
Both of these fields are reflected as filtering options on our Employers Search Tool InstantMatch, so make sure you select relevant multiple target industries of choice and indicate your career level correctly.
Why not! Though it is an optional field (except if you are looking for modelling jobs), adding a picture helps the employer to put a face to your CV and adds a human aspect to it which ultimately may enhance recall of your profile.
Recommendations are quoted testimonials from your last employer/ supervisor/ teacher/ contact. These are very different from the names and contact details you mention as references.
Recommendations are more impactful as through these your contacts can readily vouch for your abilities, skills and experience.
You can request a recommendation (a short testimonial
You can get recommended by current or former managers, work colleagues, mentors, professors, study partners, or other persons.
Getting recommended is very easy. By clicking on the ‘Get Recommendations’ link under ‘Recommendations’ section you are directed to a page where you can add the name and email address of your contact. You may customize the message template and click on ‘Send’. Once you receive a Recommendation, you can choose to accept or decline it. After a Recommendation is accepted it is published along with your CV.
For most industries such as media, entertainment, hospitality, public relations etc. traditional paper based CVs are passé. Video CVs are a dynamic medium to make a quick and memorable impression on the prospective employer.
The ideal length of a video CV is 3-5 minutes. The ‘Bayt Builder’ allows you to upload the link of your existing Video CV on YouTube.
There are many tutorials available online on how you should go about making a Video CV, however we have compiled some basic pointers:
- Dress formally as if you are attending an interview.
- Make sure the background does not have any distracting pictures / graphics / colors
- Test the equipment (video recorder, tripod, microphone) and prepare yourself. If you messed up in a shot, its ok, you can try again.
- Introduce yourself for the first section. Your professional introduction should consist of your education, number of years of experience and your core areas of expertise. For example:-
“Hi! My name is Ann, I am a 25 year old motivated marketing professional with 2 years of hands-on experience in assisting on campaigns, both above the line and below the line. I hold a Masters in Business Administration – with specialization in Marketing… “. You may quote your objective statement as the Introduction.
- The second section should include a brief of what you have done in your last job. However make sure it is not heavy on technical jargon as you will loose the attention of the viewer. You may also inject an element of dry humor to keep it interesting and engaging. However the key is not to overdo it.
- Your answer to the question ‘What sets you apart from other candidates, eg. Strengths, achievements, capabilities’ should constitute the third section of the Video CV
- As a fourth section answer the question ‘What you are looking for in terms of a next role and what are your future goals and aspirations?’
- Close by thanking them for viewing and mention a contact number and email address you can be reached on.
Absolutely! A covering letter is required to get the employer interested to read the rest of the CV. It also helps to highlight your achievements.
The ideal length of a covering letter is 3 concise paragraphs – the introduction, the body- consisting of your career highlights/ achievements/ key responsibilities, and the conclusion – requesting the employer for a one-on-one interview session.
Bayt.com allows you to build as many as 5 covering letter formats (perhaps targeting different profiles eg.- administrative assistant, sales coordinator etc.) and name them as such.
Click on the tab “Cover Letters” tab under ‘My Workspace’. You may copy-paste your existing cover letter or draft a new one. Name the covering letter.
Once your CV is on Bayt, you can preview it by clicking on the ‘Preview’ tab
A preview of your CV will appear in another window. You can print your CV by clicking on the ‘Print’ option on the top yellow bar.
One of the most important stats that you can see in the My Workspace ‘dashboard’ is the number of ‘views’.
Views: This number is an indicator of how many employers actually clicked on and opened your CV.
Searches: This number tells you how many times your CV appeared in Employer search results.
At Bayt, we believe that these statistics should act more or less as an indicator of the effectiveness of your CV. So for example if the searches are really low, you can add some keywords to your CV to improve your chances of appearing in Employer search results. If this doesn’t work, you can add a new CV that specifically highlights one of the areas of your expertise (maybe your CV is too general or too sparse in keyword vocabulary).